Melody

ISBN-13: 9780765328687
Publisher: Tom Doherty Associates
Publication Date: 17 June 2014
Format: Paperback, 336 pgs
Source: Personal Library





As this is a sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood, please note there are some spoilers in this review pertaining to the first book. However, my thoughts would be vague for this sequel. 



Six months have passed since Anna Korlov sarcrificed herself and was perished to hell, together with the Obeahman who'd tried to kill them all. Cas, our hero, has difficulties forgetting Anna despite his sidekicks, Carmel and Thomas, asked him to let everything go. How could he, when she had saved him twice? Plus, he has fallen in love with her. Despite Anna is a ghost and she would never come back, Cas still pines for her and thinks no other girls would be able to compare with his dear Anna. 

Missing her or not, Cas now finds himself seeing Anna everywhere. Is it real or just his hallucinations? He has no answers; but there's one thing he wants to know is, what happened to her after she opened that door to Hell in her basement on that fateful day. 

Girl of Nightmares takes off right where Anna Dressed in Blood left. In this sequel, we see a more vulnerable Cas. He's still a warrior in every sense, but his fighting spirit clashes with his doubts; thinking if Anna is back and/or if she suffers where she was perished. He's suffering too, both in his mind and heart. I missed the old witty Cas back in Anna Dressed in Blood; however this vulnerable side of him made me think that he too has sentimental values, and not just any boy who would forget and move on. For this, I couldn't help but to feel empathy towards him. Thomas, on the other hand, has made me looked at him in a new light in this sequel. If I thought he was nothing but a psychic in the first book, then this sequel has made him into someone more important; someone whom Cas relies on when he is in need of him. 

If Anna Dressed in Blood is an action-packed paranormal, then I have to say Girl of Nightmares has something more; it was emotional and there are definitely more actions, since Cas and his sidekicks would do anything to save Anna from Hell, and from the Obeahman. The journey there was an extremely intense read! 

I was sorry that this story has come to an end; I'd enjoyed it so much. The ending. . . I just have to say it was satisfying. I couldn't think of any ending better than that. 

Oh, before I end this post, Ms. Blake has another new paranormals out - Antigoddess and Mortal Gods, and I'm very curious about these two books. Hopefully they would be as good as Cas and Anna's stories. 
4 Responses
  1. jenclair Says:

    :) Glad that this one was as good or better than the first one!


  2. I love it when an ending is satisfying, and especially when a book offers a different side to a character we haven't seen before. I am glad you enjoyed this one, Melody! I'm curious about this author.


  3. Melody Says:

    Jenclair - This is definitely better than the first! :) Hopefully her next series will be as good.


  4. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I think everything was great in this sequel. I think I liked this book much better than the first book, although the first book was good too. I really wish this is a trilogy instead. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.